FAMILY PASTOR SEARCH
Hello Church family!
The search team continues to meet and seek out candidates to fill the family pastor role. We meet every Sunday evening to review candidates and discuss the next steps. Please continue to pray for the candidates and us as we seek God’s will for our church and our family pastor. I would like to thank the committee members for their work and dedication throughout this process. Please reach out to us with any questions or concerns!
First Baptist Church of Oakville, Missouri, is prayerfully seeking a full-time family pastor. This position focuses on maintaining and expanding the ministry of children, teens, young adults, and their families. Please see the job description below. You can also visit churchstaffing.com for the position listing.
Dear Church family,
The family pastor search committee has been off and running since the new year. We have met several times, picked co-chairs, organized a job description, and with the help of Pastor Josh, got the job posted quickly. We have been reviewing several candidates and have prayerfully begun seeking candidates to interview. God has blessed the committee with a unified spirit and a sense of urgency. We ask that you keep each of us in your prayers, as well as the candidates to whom we reach out. Pray that God quickly leads us to the man and his family that will come alongside us to serve God and our community. We are grateful for your encouragement and support.
– FBCO Family Pastor Search Committee
Pastor of Family Ministries
Purpose of Position:
• Assist in development of vision, strategy, resources, and ministry objectives.
• Collaborate with Pastor, Staff and Deacons.
• Assist in member care.
• Preaching during Sunday Service when needed.
• Participates in weekly staff meetings.
• Gives input, advice, and encouragement in implementing the vision of the church.
• Be a constant example of Christ, through integrity and behavior.
• Maintain that children and youth are being equipped with the Word.
• Support families through prayer, encouragement and equipping via teaching.
• Encourage children and teens to develop their spiritual gifts.
• Involve families in the life, witness, and ministry of the church.
• Shepherd families through the different phases of life.
• Equip families to share the Gospel of Christ.
• Give spiritual guidance, nurturing and support to children, youth, parents and leaders.
• To oversee all ministries involving family ministries. Specifically, children, teens,
parents, and young adults.
• Recruit and equip teachers who can minister in the areas of family ministry.
• Implement and carry out weekly worship gatherings geared for children and
students, such as youth group and children’s church.
• To hold retreats and camps centered around complete Biblical truth.
• To meet with students and families who are experiencing difficulties in their lives
to offer spiritual and biblical guidance.
• Be a constant encouragement and example of love to all no matter the
• Oversee and lead mission trips.
• Oversee planning of ministry events for families.
• To be diligent in prayer for the church.
• Reports directly to the Senior Pastor.
Qualifications and Experience
• Demonstrate maturity and growing faith in Jesus Christ.
• Relational team player committed to shared leadership.
• Spiritual giftedness in leadership, teaching, organization, and administration.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Counseling skills with children, youth, and parents.
• Experience building and leading a team.
• Willingness to implement and abide by youth and children safety guidelines.
• Agree in whole with doctrines and the statement of faith of First Baptist Church
• This is a full-time position.
• Attendance at weekly staff meetings and Sunday ministries is mandatory.
• Regular weekly office hours are required.
• Salary TBD